Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Olivia's Pre-School Graduation

A couple of weeks ago my sweet baby girl graduated from pre-school. Not to get too sappy, but things like this make me wonder where the time has gone! There is just no way my baby is done with pre-school!!! I know it's small in the scheme of things, but so far, this is a pretty big milestone for her... or for me! :) Obviously with Bumpa and Gigi in Cali, there was no other family with us for the ceremony. And I can't help but think of my dad and how proud he would have been. To think of all the ways she has grown up since he last saw her, is crazy to me! I feel like it was just yesterday, until I sit and look at her and realize how much she really has matured. It has been 2 and a half years after all! But I know he would have been SO proud, as we all are! I can see him so clearly staring at her in disbelief and then shaking his head and saying, "Guys, it doesn't get any better than that little girl up there, gosh, I am so proud!" And that makes me smile!



The ceremony was super cute and they played the biggest tearjerker of a slideshow you have ever seen! I am so thankful we captured that on our video camera! Olivia has gone to pre-school with the same 3 little girls for over 2 years and they have known each other almost since the day they were born. They have become such good friends, it is hard to imagine making new ones next year! And, it is crazy to me that 3 of this foursome live within 2 miles of one another and none of them will go to the same elementary next year! But I digress...



Olivia before the ceremony
Receiving her diploma - and obviously not looking anywhere near our direction!

And the bosom buddies, Maci, Sawyer, Emma, and Olivia

A week later Olivia had her last day of school. I just think she looks so grown-up in this picture!

They had a carnival on their last day and she got this awesome butterfly painted on her face!


I know I will definitely miss the pre-school schedule next year as we will have to be up and out the door early and I will have to get used to not having my buddy around every day! But I really look forward to this new chapter in Olivia's life! In the meantime, I hope we have the best summer yet!

No comments: