Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Friday - Stearn's Wharf

Friday afternoon after Jack's nap we went down the pier here in SB, Stearn's Wharf. It was a little freaky as you can actually drive out onto the pier and park your car out on it. As one who is afraid of bridges, you can imagine my anxiety! I kept imagining an earthquake and us all plunging into the freezing water... in the car. I wish my mind did not go to the worst case scenario with every situation! ;)

But it was really neat once we got out there! There are lots of restaurants that overlook the ocean and the shoreline, and some cute little shops! The views are breathtaking!

The marine layer has been moving on and off shore and you can see it is more inland in this picture!
There are so many boats in and around the harbor.



Gigi had told Liv about a great candy store on the pier. And we literally hid the motherload at Mother Stearn's Candy Co. Needless to say, it was tough for Liv to make a decision, so we ended up with a $9 variety bag!


We had a lot of fun on the pier, and I know we will be going back (we have already been back once already)!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love reading about your vacation. I can't believe you are wearing a sweater!! Sounds great, keep the blogs coming.

Summer said...

Okay, you are so on the ball with your posts. I am just now reading your last three posts. First of all, I loved your Father's Day post. It was really sweet,and I especially was touched by the words to your Dad. I will always remember what a great man your Dad was and how much fun he was to be around!
As for your trip, the pictures look so much fun. I am wishing I was there to take in the views and the shopping. I can't wait to hear all about it.
Have fun! Miss you!