Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Saturday - Chase Palm Park and the Beach!

I can't even tell you how many pictures I have taken in one week! I am really trying to just hit the highlights, but it's tough not to post all 200! :) I will do my best not to bore you! At least I know Denny is appreciating since he can't be here to join in on the fun...yet!

Saturday morning Bumpa suggested we go to this awesome (and huge) park near downtown and the Wharf. First stop, the carousel of course!


Then we went and explored this gorgeous park! It stretched on for blocks, and I tried to get as many pictures as I could to capture how beautiful this park was, but my subject has not been so cooperative, as I may have mentioned just once or twice!

Here is a more willing participant! I posted this picture to show his feet! He wanted them nowhere near the grass, so they were raised like this just about the whole time we sat there, and it was quite a while. It was so funny! He was so enthralled with the grass, leaves, flowers, etc, as long as they were in his hands, not on his feet. He just sat and studied them all! We may have a horticulturist on our hands.
Our silly 'lil Jack!



After the park we walked back up near the Wharf for lunch.
We stopped at a great Mexican food place on Shoreline Dr. and Olivia ordered a side of beans for lunch. The "side" of beans was literally as big as my plate of food. Thankfully she did not eat them all!
We then went home to put Jack down for his nap and since it was warm and sunny we decided that Bumpa, Liv and I would head out to the beach!

The harbor in the background

Bumpa and Liv's sandcastle!
And Shoreline Dr. in the background.

Thank you Bumpa and Gigi for another fun-filled day!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What cute pictures. I love the "side of beans". Your blog is so entertaining - can't wait to see more!