Monday, August 24, 2009

Rise and Shine

I have really struggled with the fact that Olivia was starting kindergarten this year! As much as I look forward to all of the fun that "real" school entails, I am very sad to leave behind our pre-school way of life.... Not to mention the fact that this means my baby girl is really growing up... fast! From now until Olivia leaves for college our lives will be dictated by the school calendar and tardy bell! Not a fun thought! So, to help me get in the mood, last Friday we had a back to school Rise and Shine party here at our house! We invited all of our friends over for an 8:00 a.m. party of donuts and juice to get us back in gear for the school season! I cannot, by any means, take credit for this super cute party idea! My good friend Summer threw one last year for her daughter and friends and it just looked like so much fun and such a cute idea, I had to steal it! I got permission first of course! :)
Another Graney party where pajamas were the attire of choice! And I promise Olivia does have more than one pair of pj's! (In case some of you didn't notice these are the same pj's she wore at her birthday party! Must be her party pj's!)
It was an all outdoor event, and I was really worried that with all the rain we had Thursday night, and even Friday morning, that we might have to cancel, but we decided to plow on, weather be darned! So, after some rearranging in the garage, we moved the party from the back yard to the front driveway and garage, white trash style! ;) Which explains why there are no pictures of the table or decorations... not as cute butted up against the tool bench in the garage! But it turned out so good it may be in the same location next year, but figure out how to hide the "garage"!

Olivia and Kennedy
I love this picture of them! Olivia will certainly miss her now that school has started, they have been inseparable this summer!

Ally who also started K this year!

Jake, Maci's big bro giving Liv a push! How sweet is he?!

Cambry, Kennedy's lil sis

Jacob and Ethan and Keeley and Luken

Precious Emma
Nicholas, Nina (friend down the street AND in Liv's class!!!), and Olivia

I'm not sure what was going on here, some swinging and screaming... Obviously the sugar has kicked in!

Jake and Tatum (Sawyer's big sis) - both starting 3rd grade!
Stacy, Carey and Sheryl

That was one tiring party!
Sawyer, Olivia, Kennedy, Maci
It was so much fun, despite the weather and plan B, and all us moms and kids being tired at first! We really look forward to making this a tradition for back to school every year! That is until the kids deem it is too uncool! ;)

3 comments:

Julie said...

We had a great time!!! Sadly, we'll be joining next year for the real deal!! Yikes!!!!

Summer said...

The party looks like such a hit. And, the weather ended up being cool that day- what a score! I am glad that it was fun. I do wish you had included the wt pics from the garage though. How fun!
And, for the record, I stole the idea form the Family Fun magazine, and I also cannot take the credit.
Thank you to the $10 magazine subscription!

Rebecca said...

It was so fun! I LOVE the idea, and look forward to the repeats! Thanks for having us over!