Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Olivia's Elementary School Debut

As most know school started here on Monday which means my little baby started Kindergarten! Last week I was pretty much a mess, crying at the mere mention of school, and ready to keep Olivia home and try again next year! ;) I am just so sad that she has left behind so many good, sweet friends that go to other schools this year or are not in school yet! I selfishly want her to just have those kids as friends forever! But thankfully Olivia did not share my anxiety! The more I asked her to stay home with me one more year the more determined and excited she became to go! That is a true blessing because it made Monday that much easier on her mommy! When I went in to wake her up at 6:45 she was already awake and very excited to start her day!

My big girl

(Who in this picture desparately needs highlights????)

Can you see the anticipation in her eyes?



I'm surprised she didn't fall backwards with that big ole backpack on!




We were thrilled to find out that Olivia has 3 familiar faces in her class! Two from pre-school last year and one who lives right down the street, Nina. Here are Olivia and Nina doing their "First Kindergarten Drawing"


Jack was ready to stay with his sister! He would have had a great time eating crayons and pulling things off the walls! I'm sure Mrs. Mars would have loved having him in her class!

After leaving Olivia behind, I had a date, which I had really been looking forward to, with 3 great friends! We had our own Boohoo Yahoo breakfast at Breadwinners, mimosas and all! It was so much fun to sit and talk about how each of our girls went off to school for their first time that morning! I will really miss all of those girls being in school together, there is such a comfort with old friends... for Olivia and for myself!
All in all Olivia's first day was a great success and she has loved every minute of it! I just pray her enthusiasm continues!

3 comments:

spgraney said...

I've been crying for two days! So happy all went well and she was so brave - although I knew she would be. She looks so beautiful and happy and very grown up!

Summer said...

Olivia looks so grown up and happy to be in her classroom. What an exciting time for her (and you)!

Julie said...

How fun!! I am so glad she had such a wonderful first day and week!