Friday, August 7, 2009

HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY JACK!!!!!

One year ago today our family went from three to four! It was one of the most wonderful days of my life! As most of you know I am incredibly nostalgic, but I promise to try to keep this brief.


July 16th, 2004 and August 7th, 2008 are two of the best days of my life! There is nothing I love more than the experience of having a baby! That day is just incredible! To finally see this little being that you have felt and watched move inside of you, and dreamed about for 9 long, agonizing months, well, it's nothing short of miraculous! And to hold them in your arms for the first time, it's true joy! I am just blown away that it has been one full year since Jack came into our lives, it just does not seem possible! For now I can remember every detail of the night before, and the morning of, his birth. In one way it seems like yesterday, but in other it feels like ages ago! Isn't that always the case?!



Here is a little stroll (or long trip) down memory lane....






The day our lives really changed... having two at home! ;)


And here's how our sweet bundle of joy has grown over the last 12 months...
One month old

Two months

Three months (this is the best I had - scary!)

Four months


Five months

Six months

Seven months

Eight months

Nine months

Ten months

Eleven months

Our big one year old!!!!!

Jack has had a crazy busy month making up for lost time! Here are some of the things he is up to now....

He is eating us out of house and home
He is soooooo big!
He loves clapping, he can't do it without smiling!

And finally he is crawling... yea!

Shortly followed by climbing the stairs.


And pulling up on anything and everything! I can definitely see the little boy in him coming out! He will NOT sit still. Diaper changes are awful for all of us. Denny and I try to wrestle him while he screams, and Olivia covers her ears. He is into everything he shouldn't be, like dry erase markers, electrical cords, outlets, the stairs, turning on the water in the tub, etc... I would say his favorite activity is eating, taking a bath, or throwing. He'll throw anything... his sippy cup, food, toys, and appropriately, balls! In those regards he is completely different from his big sis, as you would expect! He has several words, and is also mimicing some of the things we say. My favorite is "thank you". He'll give me a toy and I'll say thank you, and then I'll give it back to him and he says, "thay-thu". Another precious thing is when he "gives" a kiss. He doesn't actually give a kiss, but he makes the sound. It is too cute for words!


I could go on and on about my precious boy, but I will sum it up by saying that I love his spirit and super fun personality! He definitely keeps us smiling! I pray that the coming year brings us just as much happiness and fun as his first! We love you so very much Jack!!!! Happy, happy birthday!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Happy 1st birthday, Jack! I can't believe you're already one either! You are a very special boy and we love you!

spgraney said...

I remember that morning well . . and the weeks following as we prepared to leave to California and leave you all behind. It's the happiest of memories and bittersweet as well. Happy birthday sweet Jack. We love, love, love you!!
Bumpa and Gigi