Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Our Little Fish

Olivia was blessed this summer to take swim lessons with an amazing teacher, Ms. Nancy! She came highly recommended by Summer and I was anxious to get Olivia started. Which we did as soon as we got back from our vacation! I had really high hopes for her this year, as so many of her good friends are such proficient swimmers. It has been hard to watch her sit on the sidelines so to speak and miss out on all of the fun. She is such a timid little girl, which I know if that trait sticks, I will appreciate it in high school! But as for now, it is sometimes frustrating! When we started the first of our 2 weeks of lessons Olivia wouldn't even hardly put her face in the water! I knew we had some big strides to make!


























I could not be more proud of my little fish and I could not be a bigger fan of Ms. Nancy! She is one of the most positive and encouraging teachers, not to mention just a sweet person! Olivia was never scared or afraid to come to lessons... although there were some tears as Ms. Nancy pushed her! But in the end it so paid off! Olivia can now swim the width of the pool and what's even better is she enjoys it! It may be next year before she is jumping in, swimming and coming up for breaths, but I will take what we can get! She has confidence and that is so important!


Here she is swimming at our community pool all by herself... we weren't even in the water!!! Yea!!!! We are so proud of you Olivia!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Wow - I am impressed!!! Way to go OC! We need to take the girls to the pool soon!

spgraney said...

WOW . . . how awesome, Livie! You are doing so great. I can hardly wait to see you swim. Hugs and kisses!!