Monday, October 20, 2008

Liv's New "Do"

Olivia was in desparate need of a haircut. We hadn't had it cut since May!!!! Yikes! So on Thursday we went up to Sweet and Sassy, one of her favorite places, to have it trimmed, or so I thought. Olivia had other plans! Many of her friends are sporting short haircuts, and being the sweet follower that Olivia is, she decided she wanted her hair cut short as well. I decided to compromise with Liv as I just hated to part with her hair! :) Olivia wanted her hair to her chin! I was definitely not ready to go there! I still wanted to do ponytails, pigtails, etc.... So, I asked the stylist to cut off 2 inches... no more! I thought that would be a good in-between length. But either her idea of 2 inches is more than mine or I need to look at a ruler! I know you all will probably look at it and think, what's the big deal. But to me, it seems chopped! Don't get me wrong it's a precious haircut, but it makes my baby look like a big girl!!!!! :( I am definitely mourning the loss of her hair! Thankfully with time it will grow back, and in the meantime we get to experiment with new, fun ways to do short hair!


Disclaimer: Please excuse the Mr. T necklace! Olivia is really into wearing necklaces these days and will not accept my opinion of whether or not they match her outfit or are cute! Rather than the sweet pearls (the ones that match the bracelet she's wearing!), she chose a fake gold necklace that will turn her neck hideous shades of green and blue! Ah, the joys of a 4 yr. old!

3 comments:

Julie said...

I think her hair looks adorable!

Carrie said...

I have to admit,,, I LOVE the haircut too!!!

Anonymous said...

I love the haircut! I think it frames her beautiful face and really shows off her gorgeous eyes!! Two thumbs up from Gigi!!