Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Valentine's Day

I love Valentine's Day! And not for the reason many would think. I actually do not want gifts or flowers, just some chocolate and time with the people that have my heart! It is so fun to celebrate this holiday with our kids, I just think it is such a sweet, stress-free holiday!

This year our day was very low-key, which was great! We gave the kids a small gift when they woke up that morning and then just went about our day!


Earlier in the week Denny had been invited to the NBA All-Star game and I insisted he go! Although I missed him, I knew it was one of those once in a lifetime things! So while he was spending his afternoon/evening with these people......
Shakira

Alecia Keys




I spent my day with these two cuties!
Doesn't Jack look happy to get his photo taken! ;)



I kept us busy baking strawberry heart cakes.
Jack on his way to check out the goods in the oven!

Mmmmmm... this little boy loves sweets!

The finished product... glamorous I know!!!

I doubt any bakeries will be banging down my door for my secret recipe (Pillsbury box mix), or for my secret decorating tips, but we had fun and it kept us all entertained... and full!

No comments: