Sunday, March 21, 2010

What Olivia's Been Up to...

I know it's been eons since you last heard from us! So I will take a few posts to catch you up on what we've been up to... if there is anyone still out there who even checks our blog! ;)

I'll start with Olivia. She has just become this sweet, friendly, well-mannered little girl. Not that she hasn't always been all those things, nor is she ALWAYS those things, but within the last couple of months I am amazed at some of the changes she has made. She just seems to be growing up faster and faster and I do NOT like it one bit! But I am very proud of her and the little lady she is quickly becoming. We seem to be connecting alot more and I feel like we have this special bond, I absolutely love it! And I plan to enjoy it while it lasts, I know the teen years will be here before I know it!

Way back in February Olivia's school celebrated their 100th day. They were asked to bring in 100 of their favorite things and display it creatively.
And for the special occassion Olivia got her ears pierced! She was so great... not one tear (thanks to some lidocaine!)!

A few weeks later we got her hair cut, and it's so cute, especially from the back, it's got little layers!

Olivia is really into reading, spelling words out loud (I don't know where she would have picked that up), and writing. Here is something she had written me one morning before school. It literally brought tears to my eyes! She came up with it all on her own.
I love when you have a smile on your face but I mostly like it when you be with me!


And just tonight she offered to fold the towels! I think she may do a better job than her daddy! ;)
Next up, an update on our little terror, uh, I mean man... Jack!

3 comments:

spgraney said...

So beautiful - gets more beautiful every time I see her. And, i can just see how much she's matured! WOW!!!! BTW, want to get some earrings for her birthday - saw some in James Avery catalogue. If you get one, look a the little pearls and the little roses. Which do you like - or do you have a better idea???

Summer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Summer said...

Shell, That note Olivia wrote you is priceless. What a sweet girl she is...she is so grown up. You will have to tell her we love her 100th day poster. Macy made one for school with beads. The crayon idea was genius.