Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Will it be a Brother or a "Stister" for Olivia???

So I am a little slow at posting some exciting news! As you all know we are expecting another little one late this summer! August 7th to be exact! And last Thursday we went in for our first trimester screening. I really wanted to scan in the sonogram pictures and last time I tried the scanner it didn't work. So I was reluctant to try again. However, this time I was successful! I am really kind of proud of myself. I am NOT good with computers! But anywho, that is what has taken me so long to get this post up! That and we just have not been home much lately and I just haven't had the time to sit down and try it out. So I apologize to all out there who have been waiting very patiently!!!!

Now, back to the good stuff... Denny and I were very anxious for our appointment. For some reason we are much more so this time around. So it was very reassuring when the doctor told us that so far, everything looks good and the baby is measuring right on target with their due date.

Here are some sweet pictures of our little one! And a very telling last picture!

A sweet profile!
Another glimpse... it's amazing to me how much you can already see!
Those cute lips already pouting, just waiting to be kissed! And a cute button nose!!! I can hardly wait!
And now for the big news!!!! I know it's hard to see, especially on a scanned picture on a computer. But if you look right in the middle, you will see a round tushy and something potruding out between the legs from the tushy! That's right, it looks like we are going to have a little boy!!!!!! I am still in awe! I had a very strong feeling it was a boy, but I had that feeling with Olivia too, and look how that turned out! :) Just to see something inbetween the legs is so crazy to me (let's hope it's not the cord!). I guess I had better get used to it! I am really and truly so excited to experience a little boy! I had said that I would be happy either way. After trying for a year, truly all that is important to me (and Denny) is that we have a healthy baby! But when the doctor said boy, I was really overcome with emotion! I just instantly felt connected! Plus, now I get to shop for a whole new wardrobe and bedding! :) Everyone tells me that boys love their mommies, so that is certainly a perk! Obviously, it is still very early, I was only 12 weeks the day of the appointment, so hopefully our doctor knows what he's doing! He was pretty quick to give us an answer and the nurse said he is hardly ever wrong. But we go back in 4 weeks for another sonogram and hopefully it will still be a boy! :) After all, we went through the pain of telling Olivia she was having a brother and not a stister! That was not fun! I'll post more about that next!




3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Aw, he's just adorable! I LOVE sono pics - they are just amazing!

Congrats again on BOY! Personally, I think girl-then-boy is the BEST combo. Most of my favorite men have older sisters - I don't think it's a coincidence! :D

Oh, and great job on the scanning!

Anonymous said...

Great scans! I could really see him . . . and can hardly wait to hold him and kiss his little pouty mouth. So excited!! :) the other sg (a/k/a gigi)

Julie said...

Such sweet pictures! It amazing you can see so much when they are still so little.