Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Happy Eight Years!

Denny and I celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary yesterday and what a special day it was!!! I don't brag on Denny as much as I should, but I am making up for it today! We had told each other NO gifts! Instead we were going to spend the night away in Dallas at a nice hotel - NO KIDS! So, the horrible wife that I am stuck to my end of the bargain! However, Denny, being the wonderfully, thoughtful husband that he is, did not! But I as you will see below, I really can't complain!!! He surprised me with this gorgeous ring!

And yes, I am wearing on my ring finger on my left hand only so I could take a picture of it on! I attempted to do it with the other hand and that does not work!
I typically don't like getting jewelry as a gift... I know, this is not the norm for women, but it is true! I think this is the first piece of jewelry Denny has ever gotten for me other than my engagement ring! However, this ring has so much significance, it is not just a pretty ring! He got me my dad's birthstone, a blue topaz! I had been wanting a similar ring but thinking it would be way down the road and in no way anticipated getting it for our anniversary! So, it was a complete surprise to say the least! I know every time I look at it, I will think of my dad and all the fond memories I have of him... and I will think of how generous and thoughtful Denny is to design this ring for me! I honestly have never been so touched! I feel so blessed to have such amazing men in my life! Like I've said before Mr. Jack has a lot to live up to! :)
Our anniversary evening included dinner as a family at Mattito's ,and then we had a sitter come so Denny and I could go to a movie! We saw This Is It ,the Michael Jackson movie and it was amazing! (I highly recommend it, but you'd better hurry it's only out for one more week!)
Denny, thank you for eight wonderful years and making this celebration so very special!

4 comments:

spgraney said...

GORGEOUS!! Way to go, Denny - so proud of you. You deserve it, Shelley. ♥

Julie said...

Looks like you guys had a great anniversary! Good job Denny! :-)

Unknown said...

Such a sweet gift. I'm sure your dad is smiling down knowing that his daughter's husband and his grandbabies' daddy is such an amazing man!!!! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!

Unknown said...

Ah, how sweet. 8 years strong!