Sunday, November 15, 2009

Boosterthon Fun Run

I am really digging back in the archives for this post! Way back in the beginning of October Olivia's school did their annual Boosterthon Fun Run to raise money for the school. Each child was asked to raise pledges in the form of dollars per lap. They said the average child runs 25 laps, with 35 being the most. So I was just praying that she wouldn't be the last to cross the finish line, or the one with the least amount of laps!

Olivia with her friend Payton - they even held hands at one point, it was so cute!
Jack being silly and trying to escape the dreaded stroller!





Olivia is not really what I would consider an athlete, much less a runner. However, she ran 33 laps! I will say that most of her class ran the full 35 and then some, but I was super impressed and very proud of her. I think she ran all but one of those laps. And it was really so much fun! I look forward to this yearly event and so does she! When I picked her up from school that afternoon, the first thing she asked me was, "Mommy, when is the next Boosterthon?"

No comments: