Saturday, April 11, 2009

Jack is Eight Months Old!

On April 7th, my precious angel turned 8 months old! The older he gets, the faster the days go it seems! It has been a big month for this little guy though, he's had a lot of firsts!

He started the month getting his first tooth! Shortly followed by the 2nd one. Both on bottom of course! And he is drooling again like a madman, but I don't see any top ones that seem to be on the verge just yet. Which I really dread. I remember those put Olivia in quite a bit of pain. And like his older sister, he just wants to be close to his mommy when he gets a tooth! But I will take the cuddling any way I can get it!

We've actually had a lot of cuddling this month. Not only has he gotten two teeth, but he also got his first illness... a stomach bug no less! Poor little guy! It was so sad to see him sick. Unlike most infants, he was actually throwing up. Thankfully it only happened a couple of times and he got over that part of it quickly! But for about 2 days, he just wanted to be held. He is such a sweet boy, I could just eat him up! He will just sit in my lap and do nothing, or talk, or whatever... so laid back... so different! ;) But I am completely enjoying that side of him!

His other big accomplishment is feeding himself! Wahoo!!!! He now eats Cheerios and Puffs all by himself! And he loves both of them!!! And on that note, this boy has turned into one BIG eater. I know by the looks of him one would think he's always loved food. However, this has not been the case. Prior to about a week or so ago, he could have given or taken his bottle. But I changed him over to ready to feed formula and now he devours his bottle! He is eating a ton AND not spitting up!!! I really should have tried this stuff a very long time ago! Anyway, he is now eating us out of house and home!

He's not close to crawling really... he will scoot around in a circle, but no forward or backward movements just yet. It may be awhile! Did I mention he is laid back? ;)

Here are just a few cute pics from this last month!

Such a happy boy!
Do these jammies make my legs look big???
Success with the Cheerios!!!
Aww.... I LOVE this little boy!

All curled up with his burp cloth and ready for bed!

But he's still got one more smile in him!


1 comment:

Carrie said...

Happy 8 months Jack!! You are as adorable as can be!!!!