Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A Trip to the Zoo!

On Saturday we headed out to Fort Worth for a trip to the zoo! Olivia has been to the zoo one other time with her Bumpa in Houston, so this was our first time to go with her! Naturally the drive from Frisco to Fort Worth was a little longer than she would have liked. I am not joking when I say that every 5 minutes she was asking, "When will be to the zoo?". I know it's very typical for kids her age, but that doesn't make it any easier to take! :) Luckily the drive was only an hour (not like a 4 hour trip to Houston!), and we finally made it.

I think this might have been Olivia's favorite part of the zoo... the map! Literally everytime I turned around she was staring at it and going over all the animals we still had to see. She was planning out the rest of our visit. I have no idea where she would get that type of organization!


Our first stop was at the flamingos. I guess we were a little early for their liking, they must have had a late night as they were ALL asleep at 10:45! But Olivia thought it was so funny they sleep on one leg with their head buried in their feathers!

Next were the orangutans, they were funny! I did not remember them being this hairy, but I think the big guy there was pretty old! They were great to watch!
And this is about all we saw of the elephants...
Taking a look at the map
The lion was awesome! He was huge and gave us a roar or two while we were there! Olivia was very intrigued by his need to relieve himself while we watched! After that he was off to a nap!
The Graney's at the zoo!
The parrots

A little joey hopping over to say hello! There were 2 other kangaroos that Olivia was fascinated with, they kept looking at her and she thought that was pretty neat!

The alligator was the only animal Oliva was not impressed by. She said that was the only one she didn't like... all the rest were her favorites!
Hmmm.... where should we go next?
Taking a look at the reptiles.
She's not too sure what to think about all these snakes and lizards. I'm sure her brother will one day be more interested!

I have to say that personally I was a little disappointed in the zoo. Maybe I just remember it from when I was young and all the animals looked so big to me. But Olivia had a great time and immediately asked when we could go back..."next week?" she asked as we were walking to the car. Um, maybe next year!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Looks like fun! Any octopuses, though? ;)