Wednesday, May 7, 2008

A Nice Surprise

I went to my OB yesterday for what I thought was going to be just a routine monthly pre-natal visit. We have had a sonogram every time we have gone in with this pregnancy, it's been great! But this visit we didn't have one scheduled, so I told Denny there was no need to tag along, it would be pretty boring! However, when I arrived my doctor thought it would be a good idea to do a sonogram because he wanted to measure my cervix to make sure it's still sealed tight! As luck would have it the sonographer didn't have any other patients and I walked right into her room! My cervix looks great, which is a relief, and everything else looked great as well... another relief, as always! He is still measuring ahead of schedule, about 5 days and is in the 70th percentile for weight at a whopping 2 lbs. 1 oz. It's strange to me that he can measure almost a week ahead and only be in the 70th percentile for weight/size/whatever. But what do I know! Anyway, the sonogram was really a lot of fun! You forget how neat it is to feel and see them move at the same time! And we got some great pictures of him!!!! I know to most of you it might be hard to make out some of the pictures, but I think he is a doll! :)
Here is a picture of him facing the "camera". This is my favorite! If you tilt your head to the right it's easier to see his little face more clearly. You can see his eyes on the right-hand side and his mouth is open with his arm/hand in front of it! And look at those cheeks!!!! I think babies with full cheeks are so cute! So it will be interesting to see how they look in "real" life! But he looks like a real baby in these pictures, not just some skeleton-like image you normally see in sonogram pictures.
Same shot as above almost, just not as close-up!
And a great profile view! He's still got that hand in his mouth....
Here is Denny's personal favorite... just follow the arrow!
I don't know why sonographers (men and women alike) think it is so important to always capture a shot of the male anatomy! We have more pictures of that than anything else! I don't know that we have one single picture of Olivia's "parts"!
All in all it was a fun visit, I was just sad Denny couldn't be there to share! But he had some great pictures to look at when he got home!

3 comments:

Julie said...

So sweet!! Baby Jack is adorable!

Anonymous said...

I think guys are obsessed with their male anatomy from birth!! I love Jack's little cheeks too. Can hardly wait to see him in person. :D

Love OC's pics with Kennedy. She is getting to be such a big girl. Give her a big mmmwaaahhh from me!
Gigi

Rebecca said...

Whee!! Sonos are so much fun! He looks great!