Tuesday, April 29, 2008

A Sleepover

Friday a week ago, the 18th that is, Olivia had a much anticipated sleep over with Kennedy! Julie and Matt were kind enough to offer to not only watch Olivia for us, but let her spend the night so we could go out for my birthday! Of course Olivia was so excited all day (all week really) and Denny and I were also excited for some alone time! :)

Olivia wanted to bring everything but the kitchen sink with her to Kennedy's house, she was having a little too much fun packing her backpack! But we wittled it down to her sleeping essentials, including her pillow! When we got to Kennedy's house she was anxiously awaiting Olivia and they immediately went upstairs to play! They really are such good little friends, it is so fun to watch them together!
Denny and I headed to Bob's Steak and Chop house for dinner and it was wonderful! Then, like very unexciting parents, we went shopping! I felt bad, but Denny was a good sport! It was my birthday after all! :)
Naturally the girls were up late whispering and giggling. From what Julie told me it was too cute! They kept wondering who was going to come in and tell them to be quiet... would it be Kennedy's mommy or daddy???? I think they finally fell asleep shortly after 10:00, which really isn't too bad! They were up early of course, so as we headed to a birthday party later that morning here is how I found Olivia when we stopped for gas along the way! She must have seriously been wiped out because I can't even remember the last time she slept in the car.
Since this sleepover Olivia has been insisting we do it again... and soon! So this coming Friday night we are going to have Kennedy sleep over at our house! Olivia has already told Kennedy "my mommy and daddy said we can't talk when we go to bed"! I really have no idea where she got that from, but it is funny! We have also discussed where the girls will sleep, what we'll have for dinner, and where Mr. Matt and Mrs. Julie are going while Kennedy is here. She is full of questions and such a planner! I am so excited to watch the girls play and listen them try to get to sleep! I'll try to be more prompt in my next post and let you know how it goes!!!!

3 comments:

Summer said...

Sounds like the sleepovers are a success. How fun! I hope you get lots of sleep Friday night! :)

Julie said...

It was SO much fun!!

Rebecca said...

Aw, that is so much fun! We haven't ventured into sleepover land yet - I'm jealous! :D

Happy Birthday!