Monday, March 31, 2008

High School Musical on Ice

On Saturday Denny, Olivia and I met up with our very good friends, Summer and her daugher Macy, to see High School Musical on Ice! It was really a lot of fun! For being a kid's movie, Denny and I have enjoyed both of their movies. And for as much as I have to listened to the CDs, I know and love the songs almost as much as Olivia. I definitely know all the words! So it was not too painful to go see the show!

Olivia was excited, but it was difficult for her to understand exactly what the show was all about before we got there. We tried to explain as best we could, but just finally told her to wait and see, we promised she'd like it!

A few pics before we left the house

Waiting in the snowcone line




As soon as we walked in the doors, the girls were enamored with all of the activity and "treat" possibilities! They decided on a snowcone in a souvenir cup! I didn't think the price was too bad, $12. However, Olivia then decided she wanted a snack. So we gave her the option of popcorn, nachos, hot dog, or cotton candy. Which one do you think Olivia chose? Of course, the cotton candy! We got in line and I really about passed out when they gave us our total... $12!!!!! However, it did come with a super cool metallic silver hat (pictured below!). Well worth the $12 right?! Not only was it over priced, but by the time we made it to our seats, all she wanted was my $2 popcorn! :)

When the show first started Olivia was a little overwhelmed with the lights and loud sound. She enjoyed the first act, but at intermission we had Macy come sit with us for the 2nd act, and then she really found her groove! The girls were so cute dancing in their seats! During one song, Bet On It, Olivia was dancing like I have never seen! I'm not sure what got into her but it was hysterical!!! I only wish I had a video of it (it was too dark!). I couldn't breathe I was laughing so hard!


You can't tell it from the picture, but this is Liv as she watched them sing and dance to what I thought was her favorite song, no dancing obviously (this was during the 1st act!)!
The aforementioned hat... I think Olivia's face says it all!
Much better!
Here are the girls on our way home after all of the excitement! They are too CUTE!!!
I know Olivia had a great time! All day yesterday she kept asking to go back and see it again! So as a 2nd choice, she and Denny watched High School Musical 2 last night!