Friday, November 28, 2008

7 Things You Never Knew!

I was tagged by my wonderful friend Julie to post 7 things about me you may not know! As I am thinking about things in my head I am quickly realizing that I divulged too much on my 100 things about me list a few months ago! Darn it! This will be one tough to-do!

1. I was on the cover of a magazine. Albeit the Methodist Hospital Magazine from 1977, but still, I was once a cover girl!

2. Although not as flexible as I once was, I am proud to admit that I can still do the splits at the ripe age of 31!

3. In college we were at the infamous greek kickball tournament and as we were riding from one field to another in the back of a pick-up truck, the driver gunned it, and I fell out, hit my head, and lost my memory for several hours. It was a little like Groundhog Day, but I was repeating myself more like every 2 minutes, not every 24 hours! Denny and I met a good year later and when he heard my story he was shocked to know that I was "that girl".

4. I love board games! Scrabble, Yahtzee, Taboo, and Pente are some of my favorites!

5. I have never been waterskiing or done any sort of water sports. I love being out on a boat, but enjoy just being a spectator!

6. In college I studied abroad in Cuernavaca Mexico for 2 weeks. I even lived with a host family. Sadly though, there was no studying.... at all. A friend of mine and I took our taxis to school every morning and then promptly got another taxi to downtown to shop and hang out. When it was time for school to get out we returned there to get our taxi home! Luckily it was not for credit hours! When I later told my dad about my truancy I justified it by explaining that I had used my spanish in the "real world" setting which was much more valuable than anything I could have learned in class in 2 weeks!

7. I don't like sushi or mushrooms, which are many people's favorite foods! Thankfully Denny is in agreement.

Allison, Amy and Mel - you have been tagged!!!!

No comments: