Saturday, July 11, 2009

Weekend in LA - Things that go bump in the night!

Okay, so back to the rest of our trip! I wish I had had the time to keep up like I did the first part of our trip, but as you will soon see, we were on the go constantly after Denny arrived!


I went to get Denny in LA on Friday, the 26th of June and we headed straight to our hotel to check in. We stayed at a really cool place called The Viceroy. It is super trendy and hip! So when we walked in at 10:00 p.m. the party by the pool was in full swing and I was feeling really old!

Our room
(please take note of glass coffee table in middle of room for story below)
The entire wall to the left of the bed was a floor to ceiling glass sliding door with a step-out balcony. This is the view I most enjoyed!

And this is the view Denny most enjoyed! I found this picture while reviewing them one night while we were there! This is his idea of scenery I suppose!

As I mentioned our hotel was really the place to be, and why I am not sure. Denny and I thought we would hang out there for a bit and get a drink. We went up to the bar and placed our order and the bartender came back with our tab - $29 - for TWO drinks! Luckily we felt really out of place and really didn't want to stay, so we headed down the street to much more laid back bar! Chez Jay! It really is like a dive bar, but some celebs are seen there pretty frequently. However, it wasn't our night, unless you count the guy who said he was a director and Bill Maher's brother. The bartender told us he was a nobody after he left!
We stupidly did not get any pictures of us our first night, but those are to come!
And back to the title of the blog! As you can see in the picture of the room above, there was a glass coffee table, as Denny describes it, in the middle of the room. And Denny slept on the side of the bed closest to that table. So in the middle of the night he got up to use the facilities, and when he was coming back to bed, hit his shin on the table, flew into the air and landed head first onto the corner of the wooden bed frame (also in picture)! I sadly, slept through the whole unfortunate event until I heard him saying, "I'm okay... I'm okay!". He said he was freaking out because he immediately felt blood running down his face. Being the mean wife that I am, I just sat in bed laughing hysterically! Thankfully it wasn't as bad as he had thought and he lives to tell about it! He just had a nasty gash for the next few days. You will see that in the next blog! :)

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

What a meanie!! I'm sure there's a term for people like you! :P

Looks like a fabulous hotel! I'm glad you guys got to have a solo vacation, but I must admit, I'm having some envy over it, too!!

spgraney said...

I still laugh evey time I hear the story and Denny yelling, "I'm okay, I'm okay!"