Sunday, July 12, 2009

Saturday - Welcome to Hollywood!

After a decent night's rest and sleeping in a bit, we went into West Hollywood for breakfast! I had read about this awesome restaurant The Griddle Cafe on-line so we decided we would check it out. It did not disappoint! The pancakes were literally at least a foot wide, and everything we had was yummy!!! As well as the coffee! We had never had french pressed coffee, so we looked like complete idiots trying to figure out how to work it! And keep in mind we are sitting outside and it's about 10:30 so the place is packed and the line outside is down the block. But after we got it going, it was great! So guess what I went out and bought?! I can't wait to try it out!

And the morning just kept getting better! After breakfast we decided to walk around the restaurant since we were already outside, rather than walk thru it to the back door we had come in. As we were walking to our car we saw this guy standing in the lot holding a video camera, a large video camera! We didn't think much of it, but as we got into the car he started running towards the Griddle's back entrance, and it hit me, I was like, "Denny, it's the paparazi!!!! Who is it, who is it?" And this is who we saw! You may have to click to enlarge.



It was so great! I am so intrigued by celebrities for some reason, so I was one happy girl after that!


And from one star to another. After Denny captured that fabulous photo, which I wanted to sell to a tabloid, we decided to go down Hollywood Blvd. to check out the Walk of Fame and pay our respects to MJ! I was a huge fan growing up, I saw him on his Bad tour, and just love his music. Whenever I hear one of his songs I am taken right back to my childhood! As sad as his passing is, I was so happy we were there when it happened. It was really neat!

The chaos from across the street. You can see all of the different news reporters set-up all down the street.




Getting close to the star




Here it is

We did not stand in line and I am so glad we didn't! We didn't realize as we were walking down the street, exactly where it was until we were right up on it! But we got just as close as everyone else!

We then drove over to Melrose Ave. and walked up and down and checked out some of the shops and then stopped for a snack at some restaurant that had the BEST foccacia bread I've ever tasted!

After our pit stop we were tired so we just drove down Rodeo Dr. and Beverly Hills. It was beautiful and so neat to finally see it all in person!
We were so tired we just went back to the hotel, rested and then got ready for dinner!


You can really see the bump here, but you can't tell how badly his head was swollen! It was a good goose egg!
We went to a wonderful restaurant on the pier in Santa Monica called The Lobster. The food was amazing and the atmosphere was great too!

It was such a fun day! Just being able to do all we did, and with no kids no less, was great!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You guys look so great in all your pictures. You were holding out on the Jessica Alba sighting - how fun. I am not sure if I am more surprised you bumped into her or that she is wearing the jeans I wore in 7th grade.