Sunday, December 16, 2007

We're Alive!!!

We are finally emerging from our hole! I know we have been MIA lately, but with good reason. As most everyone knows we have had our share of illnesses for the last week or so! First, Olivia came down with her first ever stomach bug. It actually wasn't too bad. Until I got it! Then, just as we thought she was over being sick, she came down with a cold, fever, and then an ear infection. So we have literally been home sick for a week and a half. Which is forever around our house. We are always out and about doing something, so it has really put a cramp in our style! Especially with Christmas lurking around the corner. But now that we are all on the mend (I hope!), we have a lot to make up for! I bought a gingerbread house for Olivia and I to do months ago. So today was finally the day. We had a great time and Olivia really enjoyed decorating... and eating a handful of gumdrops! :) When we were finished, she said, and I quote, "Mommy you are the best gingerbread house maker ever!" It was so cute! She really had a good time!


It is tough work trying to keep the house glued together!

Deep in thought decorating

It's starting to come together!

The finishing touches

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Very nice!

We've got a kit again this year, too - I need to get going on it! Last year I realized the "building" of the house should probably be done ahead of time. Let's see if I can remember that this year, haha!